Bru Jne 11
Lovingly Handmade In The USA
By Mary Benner
Aprox 24" Tall
Photography By Allen Benner
FREE USA SHIPPING
$20.00 OFF INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING/OVERSEAS SHIPPING
A 5 to 6 month layaway plan is available for this doll. Please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
The leather body on this doll is truly a rare fine. This body was made by a small company called CREATE A DOLL. They are the only company in the world that I know of that made beautiful, accurate, cork filled, LEATHER CHEVOT BRU BODIES. The bodies were hand made NOT manufactured. Sadly this company is out of business with no one else to take their place. So being able to find a body like the one on this doll is a rare find.
This lovely doll has the following features:
1. Beautifully hand painted head, poured in fine white porcelain.
2. A RARE, LEATHER, CORK FILLED, CHEVOT BRU BODY with Bru label and porcelain BRU lower arms.
3. BLUE, solid glass British paperweight eyes.
4. Gorgeous, dark blond mohair wig, custom made by wig artist Wendy Fiedt.
About the costume:
5. Florence is wearing a 3 piece ensemble which includes a sleeveless dress, a jacket and bonnet. The dress is made of green silk dupioni and antique lace. The dress, jacket and bonnet are fully lined in silk.
The jacket is also made of 100% dupioni silk in the color of forest green. The jacket has and overlay of antique lace and is trimmed with buds 'n bows silk ribbon trim, and vintage gold tris. French ombre wired ribbon decorate the shoulders and sleeves of this jacket. Pleated & embroidered vintage ribbon goes down the center of each sleeve and brass antique buttons decorate the front of the jacket.
The dress has a pleated skirt with an overlay of antique lace in a V design. The bodice is made of antique lace over silk, with a cluster of hand made roses in the center and trimmed with silk and gold ribbon trim and delicate lace at the shoulder's edge.
The bonnet is also made of the same silk taffeta used in the dress and jacket and also has an overlay of vintage lace. The bonnet is decorated with French wired ombre ribbons, hand made rosettes, vintage millinery flowers and ostrich feathers. Silk satin ecru color ribbons hang down from each side and can be used to tie the bonnet under the doll's chin or left flowing down, two beaded hat pins hold the bonnet in place on the doll's head.
6. Florence's undergarments include a cotton half slip and pantaloons trimmed in lace and a silk corset and bustle pad.
7. The shoes Florence is wearing are custom made for her by Fran Quinn. They are a reproduction of a BRU shoe, made of black leather, the edges trimmed in silk, like the original Bru shoes, with antique buckles at the toe. The soles & heels are also made of leather and stamped "BRU Jne Paris". The shoes come with a special shoe box hand made by Fran.
8. This doll has hand made crochet stockings.
9. Her other accessories include a hand made beaded necklace with magnetic clasp, bracelet, vintage earrings and purse.
10. She comes with a tapestry covered stand and is hand signed by the artist.
11. The Doll Comes With A Certificate of Authenticity