Bru Jne 14
Sorry This Doll Is Now SOLD
Lovingly Handmade In The USA
By Mary Benner
Photography by Allen Benner
To quickly purchase this doll you may use the pay pal "Buy it Now / Add to Cart " button above. Please Note: If you use this button, expect to get a pay pal invoice for shipping cost later. That is because shipping costs are based on the location of the buyer which can not be calculated until after the sale.
You can also contact us at dollsbymarybenner and request a pay pal invoice for the cost of the doll plus shipping.
A flexible 4 to 6 months layaway is available for this doll upon request, email us for futher information: firstname.lastname@example.org
**Also for more info about our LAYAWAYS, go to the left side menu and click on "LAYAWAY PROGRAM".
This lovely doll is approx 30" tall and from the top of her hat she measures approx 34" tall. She has the following features:
1. Beautifully hand painted head with CORK PATE, poured in fine white porcelain from our own molds.
2. A jointed Bru composition body with Bru label and porcelain BRU lower arms.
3. Brown, solid glass British paperweight eyes.
4. Gorgeous, pale blond mohair wig with tails, custom made for this doll by wig artist Wendy Feidt. This wig is signed and dated by the artist.
5.About the costume:
Victoriana's costume was inspired by the PBS series "Victoria". This doll is dressed in an outfit that would have been worn by a child from a wealthy family in the late 1880's. She wears a 4 piece ensemble consisting of a dress, apron, jacket and hat.
THE JACKET: The jacket is made of a rich, dark purple SILK VELVET. It was very hard to photograph the color of the jacket, think of a ripe eggplant or currant berry, that is the color of the silk velvet. The jacket has an antique Point De France lace collar and antique lace on the cuffs. On both sides of the jacket and center back are fabric bows made of SILK DUPIONI. The jacket is fully lined in silk.
THE DRESS: The dress is made of SILK TAFETTA in a gingham check print with tiny squares of brownish purple and golden tan, in the center of each square is a embroidered dot. The bodice has a silk dupioni "ribbon" sash going from one shoulder to the waist of the dress with an antique rose applique in the middle. At the hem of the dress are 2 rows of hand dyed velvet ribbon. The dress is totally lined in silk.
THE APRON: Was made from antique lace fabric and fully line in silk dupioni, it has a silk dupioni band that ties in the back of the dress and a fancy silk dupioni bow at the front of the waistband.
THE HAT: Was made of SILK VELVET. It is trimmed in silk dupioni and has a wide "bow" in the front made from the same fabric as the dress. Millinery Violets and velvet leaves from old stock decorate it.
6. Victoriana's undergarments include a bustle pad,lace trim pantaloons, a cotton half slip made from a real antique Edwardian style petticoat and a real antique chemise top also from a Edwardian child's garment. Tiny pleats decorate the front of the chemise.
7. The shoes Victoriana is wearing are custom made for this doll by Fran Quin. They are made of silk dupioni (the same silk fabric as the dress) over leather with silk rosettes. The soles of the shoes have tiny heels and is stamped BRU.
8. This doll has hand made crochet stockings.
9. Her other accessories include a pearl necklace (with magnetic claspe), a beaded purse (made with the silk velvet in the jacket), 2 beaded hat pins and earrings from old vintage stock.
10. She comes with a tapestry covered stand and is hand signed by the artist.
11. The Doll Comes With A Certificate of Authenticity
Buy with Confidence:
We understand that photos of your doll are not the same as experiencing your doll in real life. So if after receiving your doll and you are not delighted with her, you may return her for a refund. Some requirements apply:
1. Buyer must notify us that they will be returning the doll as soon as possible.
2. Buyer has 14 days to return the doll --- if buyer needs a little more time, buyer must notify us with the reasons why they require more time to return the doll --- otherwise after 14 days the doll will not be returnable and no refund issued.
3. Buyer pays shipping cost to send the doll back to us.
4. Doll must be returned in the same condition she was shipped in using the same packing materials if possible. Any damage to the doll or the costume that was not there before will result in a re-stocking fee of 10 to 30% subtracted from the refund depending on the damage.
We accept PayPal, checks or money orders.
Sorry, but we accept only Pay Pal from our international collectors.
1. We ship by USPS priority mail and priority mail international. .
2. **Insurance is extra and optional, the price of the insurance is based on whatever USPS charges on the amount being insured.