Lovingly Handmade In The USA
By Mary Benner
Approx 24" tall from stand to top of head and approx 31" to the top of the hat.
Photography By Allen Benner
If Interested or have any questions about this doll
Contact Us At: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to speak to the artist, email us your phone number and Mary will call you back.
If interested in purchasing this doll you can email us and we will send you a paypal invoice with shipping (and optional insurance) included or you can click on the paypal button link below and we will send you a paypal invoice for shipping cost (and insurance which is optional). Because we base our shipping cost on the weight & size of the box and location the doll is being shipped to, shipping costs varies from state to state and country to country.
This lovely fantasy Bru doll has the following features:
1. Beautifully hand painted head, poured in fine white porcelain from our own molds and porcelain BRU hands.
2. The body of this doll was made from a vintage mechanical Christmas decoration, the kind that has an electrical cord and is plugged into a wall. It has a on and off switch. The head and arms were removed from this old body and replaced with beautiful, hand painted porcelain parts. The base the mechanical body is mounted on is covered in tapesty fabric and edged with vintage gold metallic trim.
3. Blue, solid glass British paperweight eyes.
4. Lovely lamb skin wig, custom made by wig artist Wendy Fiedt.
About the costume:
5. This doll is wearing a two piece costume, a long sleeve bodice and pants made of hand dyed silver/gray and rose pink metallic silk organza "the look of glass". The Costume is trimmed with metallic antique gold trims, beads and silk rosettes. The back of the costume has vintage pink buttons. Because this is a mechanical doll, it is not meant to be dressed and undressed.
The hat is also made of metallic silk organza in silver/gray and rose pink, metallic gold trim and gold lace. The hat is decorated with pearls and rhinestones and there is a jeweled butterfly on the lower edge of her hat.
A close up of the front of the bodice
A close up of the lower part of the costume.
6. Her Accessories include a jeweled dragon fly, a jeweled butterfly and jeweled hat pins to hold her hat in place.